Friday, June 1, 2012

Sprinkles

I hope y'all have a great weekend! 

If you are looking for a fun, easy dessert, I have just the thing! 

I got this recipe from this young and fabulous girl. Check out her blog! 

So, lets get started. 

Joshua's favorite cake is the boxed confetti kind, and I though that this would be up his ally. I made these for Josh and his coworkers while they slave away all weekend.

Cake Batter Rice Krispie Treats

Not a great picture, but you get the idea. :)

Ingredients

3 Tbsp butter
1 (10 oz) bag of mini-marshmallows
1/4 C of yellow cake mix {just the dry mix}
6 C Rice Krispie Cereal
1 container of sprinkles {my favorite part :)}

Directions

Melt the butter in a large saucepan on low heat and add marshmallows. Stir them in until they start to melt, then add  the dry cake mix a little at a time so it can be combined easily. Stir in the rice krispies until it is completely covered in the butter and marshmallow mixture. Pour half of the sprinkles in and mix. Press the mix into a baking dish and put the rest of the sprinkles on top. You can use any size dish. Let it sit for 30 minutes before cutting.

YUM!!

I'm a little upset that I didn't do Friday Letters today, but I'll get back to that next week.




2 comments:

  1. Mmm I could LIVE on rice crispy treats! Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for sharing the recipe!!! i LOVE this and actually buy em from the store (but they come minus the sprinkles) now i know i can just make em myself! d'oh. lol.

    ReplyDelete