Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Nothing Exciting

Well the weekend came and went as always. I would prefer to work longer hours during the week and have a three day weekend. You in?

This weekend was one spent being lazy and getting 0 of the 198 things I need to get done, done. I was pretty busy last week and didn't give Elliot the amount of time out of his cage that he needs and deserves, so he was out most of the day Saturday. Joshua had work...what's new? 

Sunday was Father's Day (duh) and Joshua was able to come to lunch with my dad and I. My dad and I went to see a movie after while Joshua went to his Granddad's for their family get together. We saw Snow White and the Huntsman. I know, I have already seen it...but it WAS that good! I didn't get any pictures of my dad and I on Sunday, but here is an oldie.


This picture is way older than I care to admit. Note to self: More pictures with Dad.

After the movie, Joshua and I were going to go to his dad's grave but got busy at his Grandma's. His dad died about 5 years ago from cancer. They found out way too late and it took him quickly. I get so sad for Joshua, his sisters and his mom when I think about it. I have cried several times, just thinking about it. My dad could have been killed in a boating accident last year, the day before Father's day, so when I think about Joshua not having his dad and think about how I could have had mine taken away, the tears start to gush from my eyes. I also get sad that I never got the opportunity to meet him, but I try to push those feelings away because that is so selfish of me. I mostly mourn for Joshua and his family. Joshua looks just like his daddy, except his dad let a huge caterpillar live under his nose. :) He really had the thickest mustache I have ever seen...from what I can tell from the pictures.

Well, I hope you are all having a great start to your week!


2 comments:

  1. Great picture of you and your dad! We should all be greatful for the important people in our lives :) New follower!

    ReplyDelete