Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Babies

They may not be "real" babies, but they are "real" babies in my eyes. I haven't talked about them much, and they each deserve their own post, but I think a little introduction is in order. :)

My Oldest Baby

Duke
 
He will be 15 years old at the beginning of July.
With his old age, is coming some changes, obviously. He is going blind, almost deaf, would stay in bed all day, if allowed and is starting to have a temper like we have never seen him have before. While cutting his nails this past weekend, he got very aggressive and tried snapping at my mom. He has never snapped at her like that! He is also FINALLY getting over a skin allergy. Although he is getting old and more of his hair is beginning to turn gray, he is still a sweet "puppy" and a great snuggler. :-)


Most Talkative Baby

Elliot

Elliot just turned 4 in May. Shame on me for not doing a birthday post for him. He is an Eclectus parrot. The males are mainly green and the females are mainly red. Gorgeous!  I got him at a bird fair in town. A local woman breeds them. I have had too many birds for one person, I just had bad luck with them. My first bird was a parakeet and once I saw Elliot, I convinced myself, and my mom, that a bigger bird would be easier for me to handle. When talking to the breeder and asking her questions, she told us that these birds are like 2 year olds. She is right on point! He has an attitude and wants what he wants, when he wants it. He cracks us up when he talks and brings so much joy to our lives everyday.


Newest Baby

After my car was totaled, I finally decided on a Nissan Altima. I've had it for about 7 weeks. I love it, even though someone already backed up into it!!! I really don't understand stupidity, but that man is full of it. On the bright side, I can still drive it and his insurance is going to pay to have it fixed. I bring it to be looked at on June 20th. 



6 comments:

  1. Eeep...I'm going to get a new car this year too! I'm lovin your Altima, especially the color! My car is dying and I'm hoping for it to last until the after Christmas car sales! Fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Duke is too cute and I love Elliot's coloring!

    Chris
    Chubbetteadventures.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY!! Is Duke a dauschund? I had a doxie for 16 years and she was my heart! They are certainly babies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww Duke is so precious! You can barely tell how old he is, I would of never guessed.

    ReplyDelete