Monday, May 14, 2012

Swamp People

Swamp People.

 Have you heard of it? 

It's a television show that is, in my opinion, very loosely based on alligator hunters. It follows and films several alligator hunters. My parents are not from here and I have never gone hunting for any kind of animal. I was very intrigued by this show, until I learned that it is so fake.

 I assumed that it was slightly exaggerated, but still watched it. I talked to people that have been alligator hunting and was told that the alligators don't fight the hunter as depicted on the show unless you do something to them. So, I stopped watching it. 

Just so you know, not all people from Louisiana are like those in the TV shows. I don't know anyone like the stars of Swamp People.

Moving on.

When I was watching Swamp People, my favorites were Glenn and Mitchell Guist. 








They are brothers and live off the land, just as their parents taught them. They live in, what I would consider a shack. No AC, electricity, or plumbing...from what I can tell anyway. They hunt alligators, squirrels, rabbits, and other animals to eat. I'm pretty sure they don't venture out of their little hide away. They are funny to watch, which was the only reason for watching them. I like all of the hunters, but those entertained me the most. Unfortunately though, Mitchell Guist died today. He apparently was on a boat, started having a seizure and fell out of the boat. Such a sad day for his family, but at least he died doing what he loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment