Friday, May 4, 2012

If I Was a Policewoman

Yesterday was not a great day. It was an off day at work, filled with children crying for no good reason. I know that sometimes, kids don't know how to communicate things properly and just throw a fit instead, but that doesn't take away at how annoying it is for them to be throwing a fit for no good reason. 

On my way home, there was a really bad wreck on the main road in Houma, which created loads of traffic. Two lanes of traffic needed to merge into one lane. That shouldn't be complicated right? Everyone acted like it was there first time driving. Not one person used a blinker, and that just aggravates me more than anything. Blinkers are not a luxury. They come in every car and are so easy to use, so why do so many people avoid using them, especially when in traffic?!?! If I was a policewoman, I would be the annoying one that tickets people for not using blinkers and going under the speed limit. Obviously a policeman is not going to ticket the 804 people that didn't use a blinker yesterday, but it just made me think, more than ever, that would be my number one reason for pulling people over.

Enough complaining. The traffic was due to a wreck, and one of the drivers or passengers was on the road, getting helped out by EMTs and when I saw that I just felt so lucky and blessed that I wasn't hurt in my wreck last month. Every wreck is different, but the damage to the car of the hurt person looked very similar to my car, just in a slightly different place. If the truck would have hit me more on my side, I could have been in a similar position as that man was yesterday.

In other grateful news, the coconut flavoring is back at Starbucks!! It is so delicious and is the great way I started off my Friday morning! Have a great weekend! Mine will probably be filled with Jazzfest, Cinco celebrations and more coconut flavored coffee drinks.


4 comments:

  1. Haha my "If I was a Policewoman" list is waaaaay longer! :) But the two you mentioned are def on there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my husband's BIGGEST pet peeves is when people don't use their blinkers. Oh he HATES it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. totally agree with those pet peeves lady!! and coconut flavor at sbux? i'm going!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't even LIKE coconut and I think the coconut chocolate frap at Starbucks is pretty delicious. Glad it's back!

    ReplyDelete