Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Lets Close Our Eyes

Lets close our eyes and go back to Monday, since that's when I planned to have this post up.

Moving on.

This past weekend was so much fun! My weekends usually aren't too busy with things to do so it was a nice 
change.

Saturday was my awesome friend Chelsey's baby shower! Chelsey is going to be the first person in our group of friends to have a baby and the excitement is killing us all! Not to mention, this baby girl will be the first grand-baby on her and her husbands side! She will be so spoiled and loved! I am so excited to meet her! Her name will be Savannah Colleen. I am in love with her name, but already have her nickname picked out, which will be Vannie. I love feeling her move around in Chelsey's belly, but I am so ready and excited for her to come out!! The shower was gorgeous. It was at Chris and Chelsey's home. Smart idea on their part. Their home was filled with yummy food, sweet decor and very excited guests! I, of course, have no pictures from the shower. 

Sunday, Josh and I went to the zoo!! I hadn't been in a few years and I had been nagging sweetly pushing Joshua to bring me. He hadn't been since he was in junior high! We saw lots of cool animals, Josh questioned my real age and the weather was very nice. Here are some pictures!

Audubon Zoo (New Orleans, LA)
 I love the flamingos!

 Real cotton candy!

 Joshua looking at the birds
Us. :-)


A couple of funny things happened at the zoo too.

Two duck/goose kind of things were eating a snack out of a metal baking pan and a rat tried to sneak a bite. One of the duck/goose things attacked that rat! It just bit the rat and that rat ran off so fast! The duck/goose that got the rat proceeded to open it's wings and make a ton of noise to let everyone know that he saved the snack! Haha

We saw the gorilla later. When we got there he was in the back of his enclosure leaning on a big rock. He then walked a little toward us and started picking grass to eat. He then ran as if he was going to jump over the fence!! Everyone moved back, because we were sure that we would be the next group on tv for a "When Zoo Animals Attack" sort of show. haha He stopped running when he got to the end of the grassy area then looked around at us. Joshua and I think he was playing around and trying to scare everyone for his own enjoyment. Ha! 

I hope you all had a great weekend!

Now open your eyes, because it's really Wednesday! 


1 comment:

  1. I will take any excuse to go visit the zoo, it's so much fun! Love the goose and the gorilla stories...animals have a lot of attitude, don't they? (c;

    ReplyDelete