Thursday, October 25, 2012

This Morning

This morning was spent making cupcakes...





making messes




and learning lessons.


I have always been the kid to not read directions carefully on homework, tests, etc. and apparently I am still learning that lesson at 24 years old. Luckily though, I was able to teach Catherine (one of the children I nanny) a lesson from my mistake.

She is in kindergarten and has homework a few times a week. She gets so frustrated when I stop her to read the directions. Today, she learned that lesson from my mistake and that was a beautiful thing. 

Lesson of the day: When a recipe tells you to beat soft butter until creamy, you beat soft, not melted butter, by itself, not with the other ingredients, until creamy and fluffy. If not, you will waste 2 batches of icing and be annoyed with yourself. 


5 comments:

  1. I just came across your blog and wanted to say hello! Your lesson was a cute one, at least she learned from a small mistake you made and not a big one. No worries though, we all screw up recipes, I for one do it even if I swear I read the directions right!

    Sydney *new follower*

    ReplyDelete
  2. yup unfortunately once the butter is melted the results aren't the same as softened butter gotta start over ive learned that lesson a lot

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha! I have done the same thing. But I would totally still eat those cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I get annoyed with myself all the time. hahaha...cooking is just part of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahaha i know but it takes oooo long to make it all soft and stuff. hate that. so funny.
    Helene in Between

    ReplyDelete