Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Spelling Bee

All throughout my school years, I was a great speller. English was my absolute favorite subject and I cannot stand hearing people use improper English. I'm not sure if that's because of my love for English or my OCD. I am not perfect and do use slang and joke with my words, but spelling is usually a priority. Today I was writing a letter in Microsoft Word to send to a blog designer (more on that later) and I typed my blog title, and guess what happened?!?! Those red squiggle lines attacked my title! Why? I had misspelled the word "feisty"! What happened to the "'I' before "E", except after 'C'" rule? This rule is incorrect for the word "weird" also. How weird is that! ;) 

Coincidentally, I saw this shirt on Pinterest today.

 So that blog designer? I have been following a super cute girl who now designs blogs! Score! I started searching for a blog designer a couple weeks ago, but didn't find one, mainly because I didn't spend enough time looking. Her blog post yesterday was about how she decided to start designing blogs!! I'm super excited about the upcoming blog change! I am so tired of my current design.

Tomorrow is the middle of the week, friends!! I love my job and don't really countdown to the weekend, but this week I am ready for the weekend. I don't have any complaints about work, I'm just looking forward to having a couple of free days. I don't have big plans for the weekend other than bringing Elliot to be groomed, but I'm ready. Are you wondering who Elliot is now? Elliot is a pet. Is he a dog or a cat? Possibly a hamster or bird? Maybe even a horse? I'll keep that a secret for now. ;)

7 comments:

  1. What a funny shirt! And good luck with the blog designer- that should be a ton of fun :)

    tallkendall.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Virginia!

      I think I want that shirt, too! I found your blog through Dear Darling and I must say, I love your layout/header. I want to change mine up myself. Where did you get yours?

      +now following

      http://carrymel.blogspot.com

      Delete
    2. Hey! Courtney, the author of Dear Darling, did my entire blog design! She did a great job, huh?!?!

      Delete
  2. LOVE LOVE LOVE the design -- she just did mine too and this is AMAZING. In love with your header :) new follower! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I am so in love with it! I can't get enough! I saw your new design too! She is awesome!

      Delete
  3. Cute blog! I'm now following! Return the love?!(:
    Taesha!
    from:
    www.livelaughlovealways-taesha.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete